* The director Chakri Dolati has trained in Florida Film Institute in US. He was the one who impressed as the child photographer in 'Salangai Oli.' Recently, he has acted as Kamal's American friend in 'Dasavataram.'
* The film marks the debut of young Sruti Hassan as music composer. She has had formal training in western music at Hollywood Film Institute. She is a professional singer and song writer.
* Shot with new technology with a Red Camera, the film has cinematography in 4K resolution.
* Two creative artistes are being introduce din the film. One is writer R Murugan who makes his debut as dialogue writer. Poet Manushayaputran is introduced as lyricist.
* Though it is a re-make of 'A Wednesday,' the film has the Raj Kamal touch and is has different thoughts and involves an overview of society and culture.
* Manoj Soni who is a popular cinematographer in Bollywood films, makes his entry into Tamil films, with 'Unnaipol Oruvan.'
* Mohanlal's portions have already been shot and extra sound effects are being done shortly. By May end, most portions of Tamil and Telugu versions should be completed.
* The film would be ready for release in July itself. But going with the wishes of Kamal's fans, the film will be released only in August. It was on Aug 12, 1959 that Kamal's 'Kallathur Kannanmma' was released. So, it would be appropriate to release the Raj Kamal-UTV Motion Pictures film 'Unnaipol Oruvan' in the golden jubilee month of that film.